Yoga is the process to create more self awareness. Yoga techniques facilitate mental and physical balance and health, and allow us to feel more connected to the world and to ourselves. Asasanas (physical exercises) strengthen the body, help concentrate better while reaching a state of physical and mental relaxation.
In a philosophical sense, Yoga means the conscious connection of the limited self with the unlimited, eternal, higher self. The begining of Yoga history can be traced back to over 5,000 years ago. The word “yoga” was first mentioned in the oldest sacred texts, called the Vedas.
While in the western countries the focus is usually most on the physical exercises, Yoga is not a work out – asanas are just a tool to reach the higher goal – peace of mind.
The practice of Asanas though is an easy approach … and you will feel the difference very soon!
The goal of Yoga is not to be the most flexible, the goal is to feel good … physically and mentally ….
PRACTICING YOGA HELPS YOU:
- Increase flexibility/strength/balance
- Fix bad posture
- Lubrificate of joints, lignaments and tendons
- Tone muscles
- Improve circulation
- Get better function of all internal organs
- Balance metabolism
- Decrease blood pressure
- Enhance moods
- Concentrate better
- Relax physically, mentally and spiritually
HOW CAN YOU REACH THESE GOALS?
- Exercise (Asanas) at least three times a week
- Practice relaxation and concentration and meditation techniques
- all this with a healthy lifestyle!